[Wikimedia-l] Do you want to buy sreenshot of main Wikipedia page?

Stephen LaPorte slaporte at wikimedia.org
Thu Sep 19 21:16:02 UTC 2013

Hello Tomasz and Mike,

You can report trademark misuse to the legal team directly at: <
legal-tm-vio at wikimedia.org>.

Thanks,
Stephen

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 8:54 PM, Michael Peel <email at mikepeel.net> wrote:

> It's not the only image they have that includes the Wikipedia logo:
> http://www.dreamstime.com/photos-images/wikipedia.html
>
> Thanks,
> Mike
>
> On 19 Sep 2013, at 21:50, Tomasz Ganicz <polimerek at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Do you want to buy a sreenshot of main Wikipedia page? If so, you can
> here:
> >

> http://www.dreamstime.com/stock-image-wikipedia-com-main-page-internet-screen-image16041321#_
> >
> > But seriously - around 50 people has just bought it. IMHO it is quilte
> > obvious abuse of WMF trademark policy and it is also illegal in terms
> > of copyright...
> >
> > --
> > Tomek "Polimerek" Ganicz
> > http://pl.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Polimerek
> > http://www.ganicz.pl/poli/
> > http://www.cbmm.lodz.pl/work.php?id=29&title=tomasz-ganicz

Stephen LaPorte
Legal Counsel
Wikimedia Foundation

*This message might have confidential or legally privileged information in
it. If you have received this message by accident, please delete it and let
us know about the mistake. For legal reasons, I may only serve as an
attorney for the Wikimedia Foundation. This means I may not give legal
advice to or serve as a lawyer for community members, volunteers, or staff
members in their personal capacity.*