[Wikimedia-l] Who will host Wikimedia Conference 2014? Bidding process is open!

Cornelius Kibelka jckibelka at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 08:36:07 UTC 2013

Vince,

That may be true. But maybe you remember that Nicole some months ago tried
to initiate a discussion process about the Conference, almost nobody
replied or was engaged in the discussion.

So now we have to hurry up, if we want a conference or a meeting at all in
early 2014. After that or even at the Conference itself we can discuss the
future of this type of gathering.

I think, personally, an Affiliate conference is absolutely necessary. The
design of the conference itself is up to the future programme committee. Of
course, as you suggest, more thematic slots are (more) useful instead of
the three days talking about the state of the chapters. However, that's an
other discussion.

Best
Cornelius
----