[Wikimedia-l] Radiological images

Erlend Bjørtvedt erlend at wikimedia.no
Tue Sep 17 16:47:06 UTC 2013

I took CR scanning recently, and reflected on who would be the right
copyrightholder.

The manufacturer of the machine (Siemens) - certainly not, that would be
like Nikon and Canon holding rights to all photos on Commons...

The hospital - certainly not, since there ar eindividuals running the
machine who are closer to the rights.

The operators - well in the case of CR there are two, and they only push a
button (i.e., not artistic). They are Remote from the Object, do not see
it, and do not Direct the skanner ("camera") to adjust or improve the final
image.

The patient - the only real candidate in my view. While as a patient you
are alone With the machine, the only one present in the room, and you move
to get Your body in the right position (i.,e., you are the primary agent to
make the image successful).

Erlend, Oslo

*Erlend Bjørtvedt*
Nestleder, Wikimedia Norge