[Wikimedia-l] Radiological images

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 13:21:44 UTC 2013

Maybe they don't own the images outright from a legal perspective, but
certainly ethics (and particularly medical ethics) is moving in the
direction of securing permission from the subject of the images before
they are used for purposes other than treatment. Documenting this kind
of permission in a format like Commons is going to be tough, but that
could be resolved with a policy of only using images published by an
organization known to pursue permission where feasible.