[Wikimedia-l] : WMF resolution on neutral point of view

とある白い猫 to.aru.shiroi.neko at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 10:51:01 UTC 2013

For data oriented projects such as Wikidata, Wikisource, Commons I think
NPOV still applies as we shouldn't censor data just because our POV has
issues with it.

Consider this in the context of

   - Mohammed image controversy for Commons (how they aren't deleted)
   - Bible versions for Wikisource (how we don't only present the correct
   version)
   - (Although a new project) Interwiki links for Wikidata (how we don't
   exclude languages)

Of course not being censored is not the same thing as being neutral but if
censored, neutrality is further away.

  -- とある白い猫  (To Aru Shiroi Neko)