[Wikimedia-l] Radiological images

Luis Villa lvilla at wikimedia.org
Tue Sep 17 02:33:27 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 7:07 PM, George Herbert
<george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think this would be an excellent time for the Foundation to use those
> attorneys they have to render a real legal opinion as to whether this is
> clear or not, safe or not, etc. ...

This somewhat predates me, so I can't answer questions on it, but we
did a basic legal analysis on this topic a year ago:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikilegal/Copyright_of_X-Ray_Images

Luis

--
Luis Villa
Deputy General Counsel

NOTICE: This message may be confidential or legally privileged. If you
have received it by accident, please delete it and let us know about
the mistake. As an attorney for the Wikimedia Foundation, for
legal/ethical reasons I cannot give legal advice to, or serve as a
lawyer for, community members, volunteers, or staff members in their
personal capacity.