[Wikimedia-l] Radiological images

Asaf Bartov abartov at wikimedia.org
Tue Sep 17 02:02:33 UTC 2013

IANAL, but my interpretation would be that X-rays are not copyrightable,
since they are not creative works, period.  Unlike non-X-ray photographs,
they (at least, the ones we care abot -- I'm sure some artists have fooled
around with X-rays as well) are always made specifically and explicitly for
healthcare or research reasons, never with creative intent, and they would
be substantially the same regardless of the identity of the machinery
operator.

But then, I'm a copyright minimalist. :)

   A.