[Wikimedia-l] Fw: MetaWeb updated and refined mission statement and link

Joseph Chirum sundog358 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 14 20:32:59 UTC 2013

Hello

Thank you for your feedback... I did not know Wikidata existed.  This project looks like pretty much what i was trying to do through "MetaWorld's Data".

You were right about the branding problem... I was using "Metawiki" , "MetaWeb", and "Meta World's Data" interchangeably.  I was doing this intentionally however, because i was trying to avoid a branding problem.  I did not want the community to preference one name over the others, since they are all accurate.  I guess the thing to do now, is merge with Wikidata.

Is anybody on this list working on wikidata, and have any advice for where to begin on a project like this.  I am happy to see that the project has already been begun... of course i am not the first person to think of an idea like this one.

I would like to see more discussion of A.I. metadata bots if anybody out there is working on this stuff.

Thank you

Art