[Wikimedia-l] Exemption to registrations on Xhosa Wikipedia

Victor Grigas vgrigas at wikimedia.org
Mon Sep 9 20:13:43 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

I am in touch with a high school class in South Africa that has been
writing Wikipedia Articles in isiXhosa.

Some of the Wikipedians in the class:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:IsiXhosa_Wikipedia_Competition_2013_at_Sinenjongo_High_School.jpg

More about the school:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinenjongo_High_School#Free_access_to_Wikipedia

Their teacher has been helping them with this effort for one hour a week.
it's the only time that they have internet access. He told me:

"

> 1.      **We started with registering everyone as editors on Wikipedia.
> This took a couple of sessions as there is a Wikipedia limit of 6
> registrations from the same computer lab per day.

"

Are there any admins who could change this limit to something more like the
size of a large classroom? These students are the only contributors to
isiXhosa Wikipedia and they are very excited to work on it.

--

*Victor Grigas*
Storyteller <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Knv6D6Thi0>
vgrigas at wikimedia.org