[Wikimedia-l] Please, let's save the Wikipedia - from itself

Lars Gardenius lars.gardenius at yahoo.de
Thu Sep 5 17:50:44 UTC 2013

Well, it doesn't matter to me if it is re-invention or not.
To me the important thing is to put such an instance in action.
And I know for a fact that it doesn't function today since I discussed this question with numerous people in the Wiki-org (like the stewards, the ombudsman etc.)

That you are independent doesn't mean that you are not accustomed to how the Wikis work, I would guess that it actually is a prerequisite that you are. It just means that you take a step aside and are no longer actively involved in any Wiki and that you understand your position as an independent arbitrator. This process is handled without difficulties by other organizations.

I am involved in work to counteract mobbing on the Internet in general and there are the Wikis today absolutely a part of the problem.

Regards,
Lars Gardenius