[Wikimedia-l] Looking for Wikipedians to add already translated articles

Rui Correia correia.rui at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 06:17:34 UTC 2013

Hi James

I went to the page and I see that most of the Portuguese articles have "To
evaluate" next to them.

About "To evaluate" is says the following: Article needs to be evaluated by
a Wikipedian in that language ***to determine if translation is needed****.

The article on schizophrenia, for example, was started on the 31st of
December 2004. How exactly does it need "to be evaluated by a Wikipedian in
that language to determine if translation is needed"?

Regards,

Rui

On 21 August 2013 01:12, James Heilman <jmh649 at gmail.com> wrote:

> We at WikiProject Medicine are working on a collaborative effort with
> Translators Without Borders (TWB), a group which includes 2,000 or so
> volunteer translators. We are working to translate key medical articles
> into as many other languages as possible. Currently we have translated
> content into 50 or so languages amounting to 2.3 million words of text.
>
> The process involves first bringing articles to either GA or FA status in
> English. They are then delivered, with MediaWiki markup in place, to the
> TWB website where the text is sent out to the translators. Once translated
> we at Wikipedia are notified via orange links on this page here:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:MED/Progress
>
> This issue currently is that we are missing Wikipedians in some languages
> to add / combine the translated content into the respective Wikipedia. Some
> of the article created through this process have reached feature article
> status including translations into Hungarian of anaphylaxis and
> hypertension. We currently have translated content in the following
> languages waiting to be integrated:
>
> Hindi
>
> Chinese
>
> Persian
>
> Tagalog
>
> Indonesian
>
> Macedonian
>
> Greek
>
> Bulgarian
>
> Danish
>
> Polish
>
> Swedish
>
> Arabic
>
> Ukrainian
>
> Dutch
>
> Czech
>
> Serbian
>
> Slovenian
>
> Spanish
>
> Telugu
>
> Tamil
>
> Punjabi
>
> Turkish
>
> Kurdish
>
> Thai
>
> Swahili
>
> Yoruba
>
> Kinyarwanda
>
> An overview of the efforts can be found here:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:TTF
>
> If you are interested in getting involved in adding translated articles
> instructions are here:
>

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Medicine/Translation_task_force/Adding_content
>
> If you have further question or comments I would welcome the feedback.
>
> James Heilman
>
> MD, CCFP(EM), Wikipedian
>
> WikiProject Medicine
>
> The Wikipedia Open Textbook of Medicine
> www.opentextbookofmedicine.com

Rui Correia
Advocacy, Human Rights, Media and Language Work Consultant
Bridge to Angola - Angola Liaison Consultant

Mobile Number in South Africa +27 74 425 4186
Número de Telemóvel na África do Sul +27 74 425 4186