[Wikimedia-l] Funding programs for individuals.

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 04:33:30 UTC 2013

Jean-Frédéric, 01/09/2013 15:58:
> Hi folks,
>
> While watching the current changes to Wikimedia France microgrants program
> implemented, I was curious to know which Wikimedia entities had similar
> funding programs for individuals - how they worked, how we could learn form
> each other.
>
> Since apparently there was no Meta page for that(tm) (yet!) I went ahead and
> drafted <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Jean-Frédéric/Funding_programs

The relevant Meta page is https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants
It was written mainly with information from the Wikimania 2011 session
pad, so it may be slightly outdated. Can you please merge yours in?
Worth asking others on chapters-l.
I'm also still wondering whether WMF has some document somewhere with
reflections on their grants to individuals, which I missed in
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Retrospective_2009-2012>; of
course their case is different (way more risky and uncertain because
they of distance in all senses).

Nemo