[Wikimedia-l] Office hours for VisualEditor

Michael Snow wikipedia at frontier.com
Wed Oct 30 15:56:31 UTC 2013

On 10/30/2013 8:39 AM, Marc A. Pelletier wrote:
> On 10/30/2013 11:20 AM, Risker wrote:
>> Just to clarify, since 0000 UTC is a confusing time for most of us
> {{cn}}
>
> I've heard that said very often (that 00:00 is somehow confusing to many
> people), but I've yet to actually see someone being actually confused by it.
>
> There is exactly one minute labeled 00:00 in every day, and that is
> unambiguously the first of the day.
It ought to be straightforward, yes, since in numeric sequences 00:00
clearly comes before other possible time values, and therefore is not
nearly as confusing as, say, 12:00 (is noon AM and midnight PM, or is it
the other way around?). However, it is definitely possible to overthink
things, and as this conversation demonstrates, of all the faults of
which our community is capable, overthinking things is one of the
easiest for us to fall into.

--Michael Snow