[Wikimedia-l] Overloaded with CentralNotices (Tilman Bayer)

Dariusz Jemielniak darekj at alk.edu.pl
Wed Oct 30 07:42:42 UTC 2013

hi,

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 3:57 AM, Romaine Wiki <romaine_wiki at yahoo.com>
 wrote:

> The reason why I wrote is not to blame anyone, but to promote thinking of
> other ways to communicate to the local communities.

I'm skeptical, if a general banner is the best idea, too. Since quite
likely only the more active WIkipedia users will comment on the FDC
process, going to the Village Pump on local projects would be probably
equally effective. However, I don't think we have a good system of
distributing information (as well as of e.g. hearing back from communities;
one could imagine e.g. that some local discussions of wider importance
should be referred to the wider community, etc).

best,

dj "pundit"

--

dr hab. Dariusz Jemielniak