[Wikimedia-l] Hearing Loop at Wikimedia UK

Richard Symonds richard.symonds at wikimedia.org.uk
Tue Oct 29 16:53:11 UTC 2013

All,

We've just purchased a hearing loop for the UK chapter, to make it easier
for those with hearing difficulties to partake in discussions and events.
The loop doesn't have a huge range, so it's not good for full conferences,
and is instead best for smaller meetings of 3-4 people.

We'll work to update the various event pages to include this information in
the next few weeks. This loop can be requested by anyone running or
attending events (provided we know who's in charge of it). I'd be really
keen on hearing from people how it can be "effectively utilised", and
doesn't just sit around gathering dust. Every time that it could be used,
we want it to be used. We'd be happy to lend it to other chapters for short
periods too (although it's a UK/240v charging system).

All the best,

Richard Symonds
Wikimedia UK
0207 065 0992