[Wikimedia-l] New access to non-public information policy, re-ID requirements and data retention

faewik at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 12:10:50 UTC 2013

> Apparently, legals say that the current policy is too flexible for the board
> to have really meant approving it, so of course the board will like to
> change his mind and make it much stricter, while if one wanted to keep it as
> flexible as it is now one would need the board to change his mind. Hmmmmmm.
>
> Nemo

Without an explanation of why this was an issue or a priority legal
matter, it seems perfectly reasonable to fill in the gaps with wild
fantasy and speculation. I rather like the idea that someone in the
WMF legal team read something about privacy on their top of the range
internet tablet, while drinking freshly ground top of the range
coffee, and as it was an otherwise dull day on the subpoena front,
decided to give this policy a poke to see the ants scurry about. It
certainly seems to have kept many volunteers busy this week.

Fae
--
faewik at gmail.com http://j.mp/faewm