[Wikimedia-l] New access to non-public information policy, re-ID requirements and data retention

Marc A. Pelletier marc at uberbox.org
Wed Oct 23 23:07:21 UTC 2013

On 10/23/2013 07:01 PM, Newyorkbrad wrote:
> (I myself can
> think of one and only one, but am curious if there are others.)

I can also think of exactly one off the cuff (and it is almost certainly
the same); but I can think of a couple of scenarios where the dissuasive
effect alone might have made a difference.

But my understanding is that this is prompted by a more serious focus on
accountability than over any particular incident.

-- Marc