[Wikimedia-l] letter from the FDC to the WMF

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 18:01:02 UTC 2013

Delirium, 23/10/2013 13:33:
>  From my perspective as someone not really involved in either the WMF or
> chapters (or other committees), but just an editor and a community
> member, I tend to see the WMF as "special"

Note that I wasn't saying it isn't "special" in some way, I was just
saying that *that* argument didn't IMHO add good reasons for the WMF
being special as regards this specific point, i.e. using a process which
the WMF itself has created and which the WMF supposedly believes useful,
given how much it has invested in it.

> in this sense because it
> already has a Board of Trustees that in a fairly reasonable way
> represent the community/movement,

This argument is a slippery slope and for this reason I was not touching
it. Anyway, note that the most voted elected member of the FDC has
received more votes than the most voted WMF board elected member. ;-)

Nemo