[Wikimedia-l] New Wikimania Committee Formed

faewik at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 11:02:32 UTC 2013

Congratulations to those involved in kicking off this committee.
Though we should probably avoid setting up too many committees I know
this part of the Wikimedia movement's decision making and learning
process has been talked about for quite some time and I'm sure that
the WM 2014 UK team will appreciate your support.

Knowing quite a few of the names on the initial committee list, I see
a great bunch of committed and enthusiastic Wikimedians. :-)

I suggest that the process for selecting new committee members and how
people might get nominated is spelled out soon so that we can see how
this group will stay open and welcoming. I look forward to the
benefits of the resources, experience and advice, which you are all
committed to delivering.

Cheers,
Fae
--