[Wikimedia-l] letter from the FDC to the WMF

Dariusz Jemielniak darekj at alk.edu.pl
Tue Oct 22 15:08:24 UTC 2013

hi Nathan,

I'm not saying that the problems you're pointing out are non-existent.
Rather, I'd say that they are likely unavoidable. I'm not certain about
Western Europeans' solidarity anyway - I have serious doubts if any of the
Western European FDC members would have any preference for other Western
European chapters, just as I (coming from Eastern, or, more accurately,
Central Europe) would not perceive other Eastern/Central European chapters
as more suited for funding. If you have any thoughts on how should the
future FDC composition be altered from a systemic point of view (election
criteria, etc.), I'd be very much interested in learning about them -
especially if the changes would only improve the results (rather than bring
other problems on their own).

As of now, all FDC members exclude themselves in the cases when their home
chapters applications are considered, irrespective of their engagement in
the boards.

best,

dj

--