[Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Education] How to force to enable Visual Editor

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 11:31:53 UTC 2013

On 16 October 2013 06:08, Srikanth Ramakrishnan <srik.ramk at wikimedia.in> wrote:

> Chris, as Ziko put it. Would you like a novice driver with a Learner's
> permit to drive on a Crowded street or a High speed expressway or in a
> deserted ground?
> Visual Editor for newbies has caused a lot of pages to 'break' as I have
> noticed.

YMMV. For simple stuff it's actually great and has been wonderful for
casual editors I've asked to try it. The problems really come on
complicated pages.

If they're creating completely fresh articles, I don't anticipate huge problems.

If problems do happen, the VisualEditor tag is monitored closely
enough they'll be picked up as bugs.

- d.