[Wikimedia-l] New access to non-public information policy, re-ID requirements and data retention

Keegan Peterzell keegan.wiki at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 07:51:26 UTC 2013

Thanks for the notice about this discussion.  I knew it was to be a part of
the new privacy policy, but I wasn't aware of the talk page.

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Tomasz W. Kozlowski <tomasz at twkozlowski.net
> wrote:
>

> We already went through a similar discussion two and a half years ago,
> when the WMF planned to make all OTRS agents re-identify to them by sending
> a copy (or a scan) of their ID to a secure e-mail address (or by using
> another option provided).

This isn't 100% correct.  The idea was to have agents who had not already
identified do so, since OTRS agents have access to a massive amount of
non-public information.  For those interested in the result, it was posting
a public list of OTRS agent usernames on meta.  There is no current
requirement for agents to ID.

<not wearing OTRS admin hat, just sayin'>

--
~Keegan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Keegan