[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia should focus on Global South

Romaine Wiki romaine_wiki at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 9 08:34:21 UTC 2013

Hello all!

In a part of an article I wrote about Wiki Loves Monuments I have said that Wikimedia should focus on the Global South, also with projects like Wiki Loves Monuments. Wiki Loves Monuments is one of the most simple projects in what people can participate as user, just by making pictures, it is a pity that so less countries from the Global South participate. I think the Wikimedia movement should especially support those countries and helping them to reach out to their local cultural heritage.

So I would say, half the job done. Up to the other half.

https://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/GLAM/Newsletter/September_2013/Contents/Wiki_Loves_Monuments_report

Romaine