[Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Funds Dissemination Committee: Report on first year of operations

Anders Wennersten mail at anderswennersten.se
Fri Oct 4 12:40:56 UTC 2013

Manuel Schneider skrev 2013-10-04 14:18:

  I'd also like to see comments from FDC members on that issue as well.
We FDC members have also had an internal discussion on these issues, and
our comments were not far off what you express, we are also engaged
community members with good relations to chapters.

Our conclusions were:
*Everyone has the right of their own opinion, this also goes for Sue and
her experience and management competence should be recognized
*WMF is one entity of several in the movement, and should not be seen as
"mother" entity to all other (Chapters) and risk of institutionalization
goes for all entities
*Key is to balance the increasing bureaucratization of chapters with
spontaneity of the voluntary movement. As long as the chapters keep the
spirit alive, they are the core of our institutionalized activities. We
need to support them (but also have ways of supporting other
initiatives, as well as keeping the bureaucracy, often sold under the
label of "professionalization", low).

Anders