[Wikimedia-l] Kumusha Takes Wiki

Laura Hale laura at fanhistory.com
Wed Oct 2 19:04:07 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 8:57 PM, Yaroslav M. Blanter <putevod at mccme.ru>wrote:

> On 02.10.2013 14:03, Florence Devouard wrote:
>
>> Dear friends
>>
>> It is my pleasure to announce the launch of a new project, "Kumusha Takes
>> Wiki".
>>

> Hi Florence,
>
> you may want to look at WikiVoyage as well. There, we badly need
> reasonable info on Africa, and it can come without sources as soon as it is
> not obvious fairy tales. (It is a pity that Russia never had African
> colonies, so that the Russian Wikivoyage can not immediately benefit from
> the project).

It might also be worth looking at Wikinews.
https://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Category:Africa is our category on English
Wikinews. (
https://ru.wikinews.org/wiki/%D0%9A%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%8F:%D0%90%D1%84%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%B0
is
Russian.)  https://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/Bookshelf/Wikinews has some
documents created on editing that might be useful for new contributors.
 Some one from Wikinews would probably be more than happy to customize
learning materials for the project to local needs.

Sincerely,
Laura Hale

--
twitter: purplepopple