[Wikimedia-l] Which Wikipedias have had large scale bot creation of articles this year?

faewik at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 13:01:00 UTC 2013

As well as finding out where this has happened, it would be good to
have some cases of where "bots went bad" explained. My main concern
would be leaving a bot to create thousands of articles but in the
process creating a headache for limited numbers of maintainers, such
as article copy-editors, categorizers, illustrators, inter-linkers or
gnomic contributors.

For bot-writers like myself, there may be some common patterns to
learn from of which projects this sort of mass creation might be
useful and how to assess a project of this type for potential value
(we might want to fund some volunteer proposed projects along these
lines if they can be measured as effective and with valuable
outcomes).

Fae
--
faewik at gmail.com http://j.mp/faewm