[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Conference in Karlsruhe, Germany

Romaine Wiki romaine_wiki at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 26 20:06:40 UTC 2013

Hello Denis,

Yes, you are right. Thanks for the correction. What I tried to say is that the chapter helped organizing, supporting the community as it is founded for.

It was a great conference!

Romaine

---

Thank you for the report, Romaine. Please allow me a small, though
important correction: the WikiCon has always been an event organized
from within the community and not by the chapter itself. Wikimedia
Deutschland assists and supports the event-committee in every way as
wanted and needed, changing year by year from pure grantmaking to strong
organizational support.

Wikimedia Deutschland understands this event, where this year approx.
250 people met and worked collaboratively, as a climax of the German
communities' calendar. The amount of ideas, projects, discussions,  and
real-life-interaction is overwhelming and very inspiring. Thanks to all
volunteers making this wonderful event possible now for the fourth time.

Best regards,
Denis Barthel