[Wikimedia-l] Textbooks Which Borrow Heavily from Wikipedia

James Heilman jmh649 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 15:23:27 UTC 2013

Yes agree with David that this is an very positive development and am glad
a company is turning Wikipedia into textbooks. I am myself in the process
of writing one as a compilation of 80 articles but do not mind someone
beating me to it.

They seem open to a discussion around attribution. At the least Wikipedia
should be listed within the kindle edition. It is faltering that when they
say there books are based on "highest-quality open-access content" they
more or less mean they are based on Wikipedia. I will continue a discussion
with them.

--
James Heilman
MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian