[Wikimedia-l] Which Wikipedias have had large scale bot creation of articles this year?

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 00:09:49 UTC 2013

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 4:50 AM, Steven Walling <swalling at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My team is doing some background research in to Wikipedia article creation
> right now.[1] One question I'd like answer is which Wikipedias are
> currently (i.e. this year) running bots to create many articles.
>
> I know that Lsjbot has run (or is running) on Swedish (sv), Cebuano (ceb),
> and Waray-Waray (war). It seems to me that, by looking at the stats for new
> articles per day,[2] Dutch (nl) and Vietnamese (vi) Wikipedias might have
> also been running bots? Am I wrong?

Hi Steven

Indonesia language Minangkabau Wikipedia has also been using bots.
The project was started early 2013, and now has 220,800 articles.
Unfortunately this project, and other new projects, are not being
included in Erik Zachte's reports.

http://min.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Statistics
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikipedias_by_size

The same team are using the same bots to add content to Indonesian
Wikipedia. 100,000 new articles created in October.

http://stats.wikimedia.org/EN/ChartsWikipediaID.htm

--
John Vandenberg