[Wikimedia-l] Which Wikipedias have had large scale bot creation of articles this year?

Erik Zachte ezachte at wikimedia.org
Mon Nov 25 22:00:56 UTC 2013

http://stats.wikimedia.org/EN/ReportCardTopWikis.htm

blue line on second chart per wiki

For all time totals per bot there is
http://stats.wikimedia.org/EN/BotActivityMatrixCreates.htm

Erik

-----Original Message-----
From: wikimedia-l-bounces at lists.wikimedia.org [mailto:wikimedia-l-bounces at lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of Steven Walling
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2013 22:50
To: Wikimedia Mailing List
Subject: [Wikimedia-l] Which Wikipedias have had large scale bot creation of articles this year?

Hi all,

My team is doing some background research in to Wikipedia article creation right now.[1] One question I'd like answer is which Wikipedias are currently (i.e. this year) running bots to create many articles.

I know that Lsjbot has run (or is running) on Swedish (sv), Cebuano (ceb), and Waray-Waray (war). It seems to me that, by looking at the stats for new articles per day,[2] Dutch (nl) and Vietnamese (vi) Wikipedias might have also been running bots? Am I wrong?

I'll be posting more about our article creation research work soon. We'll need feedback from non-English Wikipedians in particular, since as a team we only have extensive experience creating articles on enwiki.

Many thanks,

--
Steven Walling,
Product Manager