[Wikimedia-l] XOWA has released a complete copy of 2013-11-04 English Wikipedia with images -- Help wanted!

gnosygnu gnosygnu at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 14:10:33 UTC 2013

 Thanks for the feedback!

> but could you make a list of torrent somewhere on Meta?

Good idea. I've made a basic page now at
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Offline_Projects/XOWA. It uses much of
the material from the earlier email. I'll add more later, and try to
find a suitable place to link it into the
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Offline_Projects/ section.

> Are there torrent files for all projects (Wiktionary, Wikisource, etc.)?

The files are for en.wikipedia.org articles only.[1] I also have image
thumbnail databases for en.wiktionary.org, en.wikiquote.org, and
species.wikimedia.org. I'm waiting on a reply from archive.org to see
if I can upload them as well. If I don't hear from them by the end of
today, I'll upload them to my google drive, and forward the links.

I'm working on en.wikisource.org, but it may not be ready for a few
weeks (it has substantially more images than the others).
en.wikiversity.org, en.wikibooks.org and en.wikinews.org are queued
for later (in several weeks)

> Because IA search really sucks

Sorry. What is "IA search"?

----

Finally, I realized I omitted a torrent #1 from the list below:

https://archive.org/download/Xowa_enwiki_2013-11-04_images_complete_00/Xowa_enwiki_2013-11-04_images_complete_01_archive.torrent

----

[1]: Specifically, all main namespace articles (4.4 million) in the
2013-11-04 English Wikipedia dump as providede here:
http://dumps.wikimedia.org/enwiki/20131104/enwiki-20131104-pages-articles.xml.bz2