[Wikimedia-l] Spokeswoman Catrin Schoneville is leaving Wikimedia Deutschland e.V. on January 31, 2014

Ziko van Dijk vandijk at wmnederland.nl
Fri Nov 22 09:54:56 UTC 2013

Hello,

I'd liked to join the friendly words of Ting and Pavel; Wikimedia Nederland
has always enjoyed to work together with Catrin and learn from her.

Quickly but cordialiter from a train station,
Ziko

Am Freitag, 22. November 2013 schrieb Ting Chen :

> Hallo Catrin,
>
> hoffe Du liesst das hier noch. Als ich vor drei Wochen in Berlin auf dem
> DiversityCon war, habe ich noch nach Dir gefragt. Vielen Dank für Deine
> Arbeit und vielen Dank für die Zusammenarbeit. Als ich die Ankündigung von
> Pavel lass, kommt sofort das Bild von dem Sonnenuntergang am Beach von
> Haifa in meinem Kopf. Hoffe, Du meldest ab und zu. Ich werde immer wieder
> an Dich denken.
>
> I hope you will read this Catrin, When I was in Berlin three weeks before
> on the DiversityCon I asked about you. Thank you very much for your work
> and thank you very much for work together. When I read the announcement of
> Pavel I immediately saw the sunset on the beach of Haifa. I hope that you
> keep the contact. I will always keep you in my mind.
>
> o/
> Ting
>
> Am 21.11.2013 16:31, schrieb Pavel Richter:
>
>> Dear Wikimedians,
>>
>> Since 2008 Catrin has been working for Wikimedia Deutschland and was one
>> of
>> Wikimedia Deutschlands first employees. We would like to thank Catrin for
>> five fabulous years, during which she has made a decisive contribution to
>> the growth and success of WMDE and its projects. Throughout this period,
>> Catrin has shown great commitment and taken a very active role in
>> furthering the cause of free knowledge, and she has succeeded in
>> establishing some excellent partnerships for us. She has used her
>> competence and expertise to develop the public relations department and
>> raise the quality of WMDE’s press work to a professional level. Catrin has
>> contributed to the strategic development of the association, and has been
>> an outstanding representative for it. Her excellent ideas have helped to
>> raise awareness and enhance the image of Wikimedia.
>>
>> I would also like to thank Catrin in the name of the Supervisory Board for
>> her committed and successful work for WMDE and her tireless efforts to
>> promote free knowledge. We are sorry to lose her and wish her exciting new
>> challenges elsewhere, and all the best for her personal and professional
>> future.
>>
>>   With regards to her departure, Catrin says: “Although I have built up an
>> excellent team and have been able to work with the best colleagues in the
>> world over the past few years at WMDE, I have now decided to embark on a
>> different career path. The last five years have been like a journey
>> through
>> the Wikiverse for me. I have met many people who have inspired me: people
>> who share their knowledge on a voluntary basis, allowing so many millions
>> of people – including myself – to benefit from their knowledge, and
>> colleagues who work collaboratively to spread the vision of freely
>> accessible knowledge to the world. I admire and am grateful to all these
>> special people in the Wikiverse, who have been so stimulating to work with
> [...]

Dr. Ziko van Dijk
voorzitter / president Wikimedia Nederland

Vereniging Wikimedia Nederland
Postbus 167
3500 AD Utrecht
http://wikimedia.nl