[Wikimedia-l] Spokeswoman Catrin Schoneville is leaving Wikimedia Deutschland e.V. on January 31, 2014

Pavel Richter pavel.richter at wikimedia.de
Thu Nov 21 15:31:34 UTC 2013

Dear Wikimedians,

Since 2008 Catrin has been working for Wikimedia Deutschland and was one of
Wikimedia Deutschlands first employees. We would like to thank Catrin for
five fabulous years, during which she has made a decisive contribution to
the growth and success of WMDE and its projects. Throughout this period,
Catrin has shown great commitment and taken a very active role in
furthering the cause of free knowledge, and she has succeeded in
establishing some excellent partnerships for us. She has used her
competence and expertise to develop the public relations department and
raise the quality of WMDE’s press work to a professional level. Catrin has
contributed to the strategic development of the association, and has been
an outstanding representative for it. Her excellent ideas have helped to
raise awareness and enhance the image of Wikimedia.

I would also like to thank Catrin in the name of the Supervisory Board for
her committed and successful work for WMDE and her tireless efforts to
promote free knowledge. We are sorry to lose her and wish her exciting new
challenges elsewhere, and all the best for her personal and professional
future.

 With regards to her departure, Catrin says: “Although I have built up an
excellent team and have been able to work with the best colleagues in the
world over the past few years at WMDE, I have now decided to embark on a
different career path. The last five years have been like a journey through
the Wikiverse for me. I have met many people who have inspired me: people
who share their knowledge on a voluntary basis, allowing so many millions
of people – including myself – to benefit from their knowledge, and
colleagues who work collaboratively to spread the vision of freely
accessible knowledge to the world. I admire and am grateful to all these
special people in the Wikiverse, who have been so stimulating to work with
and who have made my time here so fascinating. I wish you all great success
and happiness in the future!”

Kind regards,

Pavel Richter
Executive Director