[Wikimedia-l] Copyright infringement - The real elephant in the room

faewik at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 10:10:19 UTC 2013

On 19 November 2013 20:44, Samuel Klein <meta.sj at gmail.com> wrote:
> Aside @Fae: the tineye crew are curious & quite pro-freeculture, I bet they
> would be glad to help design a bot that uses their API to check image
> copyvios.

This is an area this spins off from my little experiments with better
management of uploads to Commons from mobile devices. I would like to
look at this again and perhaps get a funding proposal together (or
partnership with Tineye if they are up for it), It is one of several
creative back-burner volunteer projects that I hope to have time to
dig into again next year.

Fae