[Wikimedia-l] Copyright infringement - The real elephant in the room

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 08:34:49 UTC 2013

Hoi,
Seriously we should never ever be ruled be panic.What you see is bad, no
doubt but the notion that we should dump everything because of the latest
issue to come along is way overboard.

   - by stopping the flow on projects like Visual Editor you break
   dependencies for the work of many developers
   - what you have noticed is for only one Wikipedia not all of them
   - we do need more mature discussion software what we have is horrible
   - such dramatics only have you go away and upset others it does not
   solve things
   - the dramatics detract me from your message
   - my hobby horse needs more attention too and I think my argument is
   better ...

Anyway, it would be nice when someone looks at the tool with an eye of
making it happen and making it scale. When it doesn't it becomes a less
attractive option to pursue.
Thanks,
      GerardM