[Wikimedia-l] Fwd: Toolserver decommissioning - migrate to Labs

Silke Meyer silke.meyer at wikimedia.de
Mon Nov 11 16:23:21 UTC 2013

Hi!

The toolserver will run until June 30th 2014. Nothing changed about this date.

As announced to all toolserver user accounts today, all accounts will
expire in January 2014. They can be renewed as usual. The two
toolserver admins Marlen Caemmerer and Alexander Mette provided two
scripts which will help you to pack and download your data and delete
them afterwards.

The reasons for my decision to have the accounts expire: First of all,
I would like to remind everyone to think about their tools' migration
early and get help if needed. Second, we are dealing the data of a few
hundred expired accounts already. The owners shall have the chance to
re-login and collect their data. They have been reactivated and will
expire in January, too. Third, I would like to encourage all those who
already moved over to Tool Labs to download and then their stuff
themselves.

Best, Silke