[Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Minutes from the April 18-19, 2013 Board Meeting

Stephen LaPorte slaporte at wikimedia.org
Fri May 31 19:58:54 UTC 2013

Hello all,

The minutes of the WMF Board Meeting on April 18-19, 2013 have been
approved and published:
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Minutes/2013-04-18

The meeting's agenda included:

* Reports from the Audit Committee and Board Governance Committee
* Approving the resolution on Potential Conflicts of Interest (available
here:
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Guidelines_on_potential_conflicts_of_interest
)
* Appointing Bishakha Datta to the Board Governance Committee
* An update on the Annual Plan
* Guidance for the Funds Dissemination Committee ("FDC")
* The Wikimedia Foundation's participation in the FDC
* Discussing a Strategy Committee proposal
* Discussing guiding principles (available at:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Sue_Gardner/Wikimedia_Foundation_Guiding_Principles
)
* Discussing editor retention
* Discussing an update to the bylaws
* Approving a revised Board Governance Committee charter (available here:
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Approving_the_revised_Board_Governance_Committee_Charter
)
* Discussing the trustee candidate search
* Discussing the Executive Director transition

Additionally, minutes from the Board Governance Committee's Meeting on
April 17, 2013 are available here:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WMF_Board_Governance_Committee/Minutes_04-17-2013

--
Stephen LaPorte
Legal Counsel

*For legal reasons, I may only serve as an attorney for the Wikimedia
Foundation. This means I may not give legal advice to or serve as a lawyer
for community members, volunteers, or staff members in their personal
capacity.*