[Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] WMIT bulletin no. 53 - May 29, 2013

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Fri May 31 16:54:19 UTC 2013

And this is also a great report ... I'm especially pleased to see all of
the library outreach happening in Italy via WMIT!! :)

I just started a page to globally list these library/wikimedia events &
projects on the outreach wiki... still *very* much under construction so
please help out!
http://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_Loves_Libraries/Collaborations#2013

-- phoebe

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 7:44 AM, .mau. (maurizio codogno) <
wiki.mau at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> the new bulletin from Wikimedia Italia (#53) is available. This time
> we write about Amsterdam Hackathon 2013, the contest Veneto in
> Wikipedia, searches for people, and our next appointments.
>
> As usual a link has been added to meta, at
> Wikimedia_chapters/Reports/Wikimedia_Italia ; more-or-less raw text of
> the bulletin follows below.
>
>   ciao, .mau.
> >
> >   =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
> __NOTOC__
> [[Image:Wikimedia news1.png|400px|center]]
> {{titolo errato|titolo=Wikimedia news}}{{WMNpubblico|53|May 29, 2013}}
>
> ----
> [[File:Wikimedia_Hackathon_2013.jpg|thumb|400px|center| "Working
> Group" - By Sebastiaan ter Burg from Utrecht, The Netherlands
> (Wikimedia Hackathon 2013) [CC-BY-2.0], via Wikimedia Commons]]
>
> == Amsterdam Hackathon 2013 ==
> Over the weekend from May 24 to 26, the
> [http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Amsterdam_Hackathon_2013 Wikimedia
> Hackathon 2013] was held in Amsterdam. The annual gathering, which
> brings together all Wikimedian interested in the development of
> MediaWiki and other Wikimedia projects, was organized by Wikimedia
> Nederland and was held at the
> [http://www.stayokay.com/en/hostel/amsterdam-zeeburg Stayokay hostel].
> There were about a hundred Wikimedian; the participants appreciate the
> Dutch organization which was impeccable.
> [[:it:Utente:CristianCantoro|Cristian]] (''vicepresident of Wikimedia
> Italia'') was present on behalf of Wikimedia Italia and
> [[:commons:Commons:Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2013/Who's_who | Wiki Loves
> Monuments international group]].
> In addition to numerous other projects,
> [http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Labs Wikimedia Labs] were
> presented: tjey are the new infrastructure that will manage the
> development of new tools for Wikimedia sites.
>
> == Wikimedia Italia is hiring ==
>
> Are you determined, do you like to work in teams, to interact with the
> public? Are you willing to learn some new computer program?! Then read
> [http://wiki.wikimedia.it/wiki/Ricerca_collaboratori the announcement
> for a secretarial employee] published by Wikimedia Italia. Our staff
> is growing! All specifications can be found on the dedicated page:
> here we anticipate that the workplace is in Monza (with occasional
> short trips) and that the type of commitment required will be 20 hours
> per week (horizontal or vertical part-time).
>
> The announcement is aimed at candidates of both sexes (L.125/91) and
> will remain valid until 15 June 2013.
>
> If you are interested, send your CV and a presentation letter to the
> email address lavoro at wikimedia.it.
>
> == Veneto in Wikipedia ==
> [
> http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progetto:Coordinamento/Scuole/Autori_in_Wikipedia/2012-2013/Veneto
> Veneto in Wikipedia] is a competition, organized by our member
> Professor Corrado Petrucco from the University of Padua together with
> [...]

* I use this address for lists; send personal messages to phoebe.ayers <at>
gmail.com *