[Wikimedia-l] New designs for account creation and login rolling out gradually to all projects

Sue Gardner sgardner at wikimedia.org
Wed May 29 18:50:41 UTC 2013

Hi Steven,

Just wanted to tell you (because I haven't run into you to say it, and
because people here may be interested) that last Saturday I helped some new
people at the San Francisco editathon register on the enWP, and the new
registration process was much easier for them than it was the last time I
helped people register, pre-this system. And, the Getting Started stuff is
great: the people I helped all immediately went to the typo-fixing queue,
and seemed to find it reasonably understandable and easy to use. I know you
know this from the testing data: now you know it from anecdata too :-)

Thanks,
Sue