[Wikimedia-l] evaluation of electronics articles

Anders Wennersten mail at anderswennersten.se
Tue May 28 20:06:30 UTC 2013

I usually say Wikipedia consist of some hundred different encyclopedias
on different topics.

And some of these are excellent and have full covering, like popes,
birds, where wp  is better then all other encyclopedia in all aspects

Other subject area are more uneven both in covering and in content for
each article, as this review give an example of for electronic

I am also convinced that one of the most important focuses on our
editorial work is in getting a complete covering in as many subjects as
possible. This is one of the reasons I do believe we need to develop
(semi) automatic generation of articles from official databases (like
the project to have articles on All lakes in x-country I have written
of). Also that Wikidata have a key role in this new focus, enabling us
to have a common repository for these common basic data

Anders