[Wikimedia-l] Thoughts on Admin Rights on WMF Wiki (and other things)

Huib Laurens sterkebak at gmail.com
Tue May 28 17:17:19 UTC 2013

Hi,

I strongly believe that the Foundation shouldn't do actions like this on a
Friday. In this case there was a major discussion about it and nobody from
the foundation was there to respond.

But this week the new MediaWiki version is released on Friday, there is a
bug (wrong version details) the bug is minor but there is nobody to fix it
untill today. The team say's its just a small bug... But if somebody
install new software and it says release candidate they can lose trust.

Maybe we should make a policy that a mass-desysop, a new release or any
other statement shouldn't be on Friday so that there is somebody arround to
respond.

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 7:14 PM, Brandon Harris <bharris op wikimedia.org>wrote:

> On May 28, 2013, at 12:38 AM, ENWP Pine <deyntestiss op hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > However, I have concerns about keeping Gayle in the Chief Talent and
> Culture Officer position.
>

>         This type of conversation is really not helpful in any way.  I
> don't know what you're expecting here.
>

> ---
> Brandon Harris, Senior Designer, Wikimedia Foundation

Met vriendelijke groet,

Huib Laurens