[Wikimedia-l] Thoughts on Admin Rights on WMF Wiki (and other things)

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Sun May 26 06:53:21 UTC 2013

I can agree with the rest but this is interesting:

Steve Zhang, 26/05/2013 08:42:
> [...]
> Now, the removal of adminship of volunteer editors on the WMF wiki (among
> other changes) happened for a reason, [...]

really? What reason? I've not yet heard an explanation other than "it's
our wiki and we do whatever we wish: I'll prove you in a second!".
I also agree that judging the decision is useless (it's not going to be
reverted) and that it's not our job (the WMF board should do that, I
guess), but if you know the reason then please share it because we're
all clueless about it.

Nemo