[Wikimedia-l] Patience

Mathieu Stumpf psychoslave at culture-libre.org
Fri May 17 14:59:36 UTC 2013

Le 2013-05-15 22:07, Sue Gardner a écrit :
> It's the
> [[Michael Shermer]] thing: if we ignore the rustling in the grass and
> it's the wind, no harm done. But if we ignore it and it's a tiger,
> we're dead. So rationally, we behave as though everything is a tiger,
> without necessarily realizing that reflexively doing that has a
> pretty
> high price-tag.

Interesting. On the other hand, in my very own case, I think that if
it's a tiger, then I'm dead anyway: I'm not a warior able to win against
a tiger with bare hand, and I'm not sure on this but isn't the average
tiger a better sprinter than the world biggest human champion in this
field?

It may me think of the quotation, which I red, may be on this list,
(attributed to the Dalai Lama in the document where I found it): "I
there's a solution there's no need to worry, and if there is no
solution, there's no need to worry".

> Anyway, yes. Patience, maturity, self-control and generosity for the
> win :-)
> Sue

Association Culture-Libre
http://www.culture-libre.org/