[Wikimedia-l] movement blog, not WMF blog, was: Go away, community (from WMF wiki at least)

MZMcBride z at mzmcbride.com
Tue May 14 01:19:19 UTC 2013

Tilman Bayer wrote:
>thanks for correcting your earlier claim in the main thread that you
>were never notified about this kind of thing (although unfortunately
>this correction comes only after your claim already contributed to
>leaving MZ "a little speechless" and feeling "more and more ...
>distanced from" Wikimedia).

Huib made his bed and he can sleep in it. To clarify, my comments were
about people like Casey, Alex, Daniel M., and many others who saw their
rights stripped after volunteering thousands of hours to help build both
wikimediafoundation.org and the Wikimedia Foundation. When I read that
some people apparently hadn't even been notified, it made me pretty upset.
Erik calls it a "clarification in governance"; more like a coup. There's
been an apology for the callous and capricious way in which this unfolded,
but nobody seems willing to rectify the situation.

Pages such as <https://wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Sean_Whitton> are now
out-of-date and there are a growing number of requests for an account
(<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WMFACCOUNT>). But we can wait for Gayle
to return in a week or so. Address questions to her.

MZMcBride