[Wikimedia-l] AffComs $40,000 Hong Kong junket

Andrew Lih andrew.lih at gmail.com
Mon May 13 21:03:46 UTC 2013

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 1:05 PM, Michael Peel <email at mikepeel.net> wrote:

> ...Paris and London are both more expensive cities that Hong Kong, so I'd
> expect the daily rate here to be closer to $130/night, and ideally less
> than that where bookings are made sufficiently in advance.

Not to be a nit, but I wanted to point out that this biannual study shows
otherwise.

On this list of most expensive cities for hotel rooms, Hong Kong is #8,
Paris is #9, and London is not in the top 10.

http://travel.cnn.com/explorations/escape/costliest-hotels-list-637685

I don't have a viewpoint either way on this issue, but just thought
Wikipedians in favor of verification would like to know.

-Andrew