[Wikimedia-l] Go away, community (from WMF wiki at least)

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Mon May 13 17:32:39 UTC 2013

On 13 May 2013 18:01, Oliver Keyes <okeyes at wikimedia.org> wrote:

>.You bring
> up Echo; yes, we didn't bring the Orange Bar back. But we spent a lot of
> cycles coming up with alternatives, running them past people, with many
> editors and many staffers actively engaged in the process. We had
> designers, developers, product managers participating in the discussion,

And still you miss (if not ignore) the point; you removed something
which was useful; consensus - supported by justifications and
experience - was that it should be restored, and you ignored that
consensus.

You consulted on options including that restoration; and when it it
was supported, you disregarded it out-of-hand.

You (collectively) made unsupportable assertions and accusations, and
resorted to snide comments when called on them.

> and in the end we came up with something that everyone, well, begrudgingly
> tolerates.

And that's just downright false.