[Wikimedia-l] movement blog, not WMF blog, was: Go away, community (from WMF wiki at least)

Tilman Bayer tbayer at wikimedia.org
Mon May 13 11:42:39 UTC 2013

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 4:33 AM, Fae <faewik at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 13 May 2013 12:00, Tilman Bayer <tbayer at wikimedia.org> wrote:
>> Curiously, here you left out one sentence from my 2011 email:
>>
>> "And while I don't want to pass judgment over your work on the
>> projects, the fact that you are currently blocked on Meta etc. makes
>> it difficult to justify keeping your access at the moment."
>
> If you did not want to pass judgement in 2011, you certainly seem to
> be making up for that retrospectively now. Perhaps it might have been
> the better path to stick to that principle, rather than put this
> damning email out in public, particularly an email officially from the
> "Wikimedia Foundation" rather than a personal one.
>
> By the way, I am unclear, was the email you are quoting extensively
> from, rather than summarizing, a public correspondence, or are you
> choosing to publish it now, on a permanently and publicly archived
> email list, two year later?
>
> Fae

Hi Fae,

I believe you may be confusing me and Huib here (perhaps because of
the similarity of our volunteer user names?). It was not me who posted
the content of a private email to this list without the sender's
permission. Only after this had already happened I corrected the
tampered quotation of what I had written, because this silent omission
greatly distorted the sense and context of the divulged email.

--
Tilman Bayer
Senior Operations Analyst (Movement Communications)