[Wikimedia-l] Go away, community (from WMF wiki at least)

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Mon May 13 05:32:31 UTC 2013

Casey Brown, 13/05/2013 07:05:
> [...] [Note that I'm speaking generally -- I personally think Gayle can
> handle criticism and she seems very nice. She also probably had no
> idea this would create dramz. My comment is directed towards the
> general "omg think of the staff member!" response to criticism that is
> systemic in our movement.]

Still, "omg think of the staff member!" seems to be the point Gayle and
Philippe make on this thread. If history teaches something, I guess the
board will soon approve a resolution to request the development of a
Personal Communitymember Filter to AT LAST hide all that offensive
content in our community. MediaWiki-mailman integration offers some
challenges, but our commitment to openness will swiftly help, shutting
down more mailing lists in favour of wiki discussions.

Nemo