[Wikimedia-l] Go away, community (from WMF wiki at least)

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Sun May 12 20:42:53 UTC 2013

Philippe Beaudette, 12/05/2013 22:23:
> [...] You want an explanation?  I'm sure that Gayle will offer one. But for
> the umpteenth time, I was the person pushing the button because
> someone had to be. So lets leave my motivations out of this okay?  I'm
> spending hundreds of hours per month fighting to support the volunteer
> community here and your assignations to the contrary are insulting.

Philippe, you're right, but MZ is obviously too angry and personally
involved right now to take his words too literally and personally
against you. The most he could ask from you is a comment on how
frequently you have to be the one "pushing the button" against the
community. (Very often, is my guess.)

As for the decisions, it's clear that they come from the top and what
they mean. Assuming that a board of trustees still exist (hey, did the
bylaws amendment to keep you functioning have a weird effect and send
you all to outer space?), they're maybe the ones who could have
something more to say?

Nemo