[Wikimedia-l] Fwd: Fwd: Re: [Wikimediaindia-l] Wikimedia Servers and Copyright Issues

David Cuenca dacuetu at gmail.com
Sun May 12 14:03:36 UTC 2013

Hi Achal,

For those cases there is a Wikisource clone called Wikilivres, whose server
is in Canada and it is operated by a Canadian citizen.
http://wikilivres.ca/

It is not very fast, but it serves as storage for such cases since the
Canadian copyright law is quite permissive in that regard (50 years after
author/translator death).
Then you can link the works from the Wikisource author page to the work
page in Wikilivres as some Wikisources do.

If you have time, take also a look to the proposed improvements for
Wikisource. Thanks!
https://wikisource.org/wiki/Wikisource_vision_development/Applying_the_WS_values

David  ---User:Micru

Etiamsi omnes, ego non